Senior Secondary Update
Welcome to all students for Semester 2 of 2021. With Term 3 now here, we welcome our busiest term, with milestones in academia, performing arts, subject selection and sports all coming to prominence in the next 10 weeks. Some key dates that impact our Senior years this term and should be noted by all families are:
- Tuesday 10 August - Year 12 Pathways Information Night (5:00pm - 6:00pm)
- Tuesday 10 August - Year 10 SETPlan Information Evening (6:00pm - 8:00pm)
- Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 August - Year 10 SETP Parent Interviews (3:30pm - 7:00pm)
- Monday 6 September - commencement of Year 12 shutdown exams
- Monday 13 September - commencement of Year 10/11 shutdown exams
More information regarding the above key dates will be sent directly to parents and students closer to the event.
Track and Field Carnival
Our whole-school Track and Field Carnival will be held on Friday 30 July (Week 3), with this day remaining a compulsory day of school attendance. As always, students are encouraged to dress up in their house colours and participate in the range of athletic and fun activities on hand. Students are reminded that there will be no sign-out's during the day and Y Block office will be closed. Students are encouraged to re-schedule any appointments they may have on this day to ensure the carnival remains a whole-school and full-day event.
Year 10 Subject Selection
Year 10 reports for Semester 1 will be released at the start of Week 3, and with it students will receive an invitation to commence selecting their subjects for senior study across 2022 and 2023. This process, known as SET Planning, is a vital part of post-compulsory schooling. Invitations to SET Planning information night and further details around 2022 Subject offerings will be handed to students once reports are released.
Year 12 Notices
- Graduation and Formal Dinner deposits are due for all Year 12 students Thursday 29 July ($60), with final payments due soon after. If a student does not intend on attending the Graduation they should inform Head of Year 12 - Ms I'Anson.
- Some Year 12 subject completed their 3rd major assessment (IA3) at the end of last term. Science, Performing Arts, HPE, Technology and Maths subjects have outstanding assessment items which will be completed over the next month. Year 12s will then be sent a cumulative report of their results for Unit 3 and 4 in the week beginning 16 August. This will be the last report that Year 12 students will receive from PBC as final exit level of achievement and results are determined by the QCAA.
- The QCAA no longer mails out certificates and results to students at the end of the year. On 18 December they will provide a digital copy of results into each students’ QCAA learning account.
- All Year 12 students should by now have logged onto their QCAA learning account in the QCAA student portal. This is accessed via the myQCE website https://myqce.qcaa.qld.edu.au/index.html.
- Over 50 Year 12 students successfully completed First Aid and Safety competencies recently. These competencies awarded the students 2 QCE points but more importantly will look great on their resumes as they apply for jobs in the future. The final course for 2021 will be conducted in week 6 of this term (18 August). To register students, need to email Ms Golding in the Library (email@example.com) by Monday 26 July. Students then compete 3 theory modules online and complete a practical training day. The fee for the course is $70 and is highly recommended for all students. Students must have completed all 3 online theory units before 13 August to be eligible to attend the practical training day.